You can't judge a song by its title... or can you? I wouldn't have high expectations for a song called "Ding Dang Darn It," but listening to it only makes me want to utter a few soft-core expletives myself.
Idiotic title hook aside, "Ding Dang Darn It" caters to the same demographic that pushed "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" into the Country Top 5, or that had even an ounce of toleration for "Rockin' the Beer Gut." What is it about, you ask? It's about a man sitting wide-eyed at a bar, watching as an attractive female stands on the counter and shakes her behind in his face.
Where to begin? It's just another song about a man who has no respect for women, and a woman who has no self-respect. There's no creative touch other than a reference to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, and there's nothing to reward the listener for sitting through these three minutes of pure tripe. I could set this review to music, and it would make a much better song than this.
Some nifty fiddle work provides a slight asset, but "Ding Dang Darn It" remains a cheap gimmick song that no discerning listener will take seriously.
KEN'S SCORE: 3
(Scores are given on a scale of 1 to 10)
WATCH THE MUSIC VIDEO
The 1-to-10 Archive
- ► 2011 (124)
- Top Ten Greatest Women of the Nineties, #7 - Marti...
- Lady Antebellum, "Hello World"
- Celebrating 50 Years of Loretta
- Margaret Durante, "Mississippi's Cryin'"
- Tim McGraw, "Felt Good On My Lips"
- Top Ten Greatest Women of the Nineties, #8 - Mary ...
- Keith Urban, "Put You In a Song"
- Album Review: Billy Currington - Enjoy Yourself
- The Judds, "I Will Stand By You"
- Loretta Lynn, Miranda Lambert, and Sheryl Crow, "C...
- Top Ten Greatest Women of the Nineties, #9 - Lorri...
- Album Review: Joey + Rory - Album #2
- Jewel, "Ten"
- Top 10 Greatest Women of the Nineties, #10 - Kathy...
- Mary Chapin Carpenter, "The Way I Feel"
- Dierks Bentley, "Draw Me a Map"
- Ken Domash, "Ding Dang Darn It"
- Sara Evans, "A Little Bit Stronger"
- Album Review: Little Big Town - The Reason Why
- Jaron and the Long Road to Love, "That's Beautiful...
- Music Video Round-Up - September 2010
- ▼ September (21)